January and February are the coldest months in Oklahoma, so it’s important to keep our furry friends happy and warm as temperatures drop. Here’s what you need to know about keeping your pet warm, snug and safe this winter season:
• Pick up a new coat, sweater or boots to keep your companion warm on outings.
• Provide a cozy place to sleep with plenty of blankets.
• After walks, make sure to wash and dry your pet’s feet and stomach.
• Feed your four-legged friend a little extra during the colder months.
• Maintain a winter grooming routine to avoid skin irritation and matting.