The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority wants you stay safe when driving on roads, turnpikes and through construction work zones so that you reach your destination safely.
When hitting the road, drivers should:
• Buckle up, observe speed limits and stay alert.
• Be cautious and attentive in work zones.
• Avoid texting while operating your vehicle; it’s illegal.
• Be careful not to leave children and pets in a hot car.
• Have your vehicle’s tires and systems checked before leaving for long road trips.
• Plan ahead for trips, and allow ample time to reach your destination.
• Charge your cellphone before leaving.
• Keep water on hand.