Don’t wait until spring to hit the trail. Get outdoors and enjoy the cool winter air at one of Oklahoma’s many state parks, with plenty of easy and moderate trails to choose from. Don’t forget the water bottles!
Here are a few suggestions:
• Great Plains State Park, Mountain Park: 5-mile moderate.
• Lake Thunderbird State Park, Norman: 2.5-mile moderate.
• Robbers Cave State Park, Wilburton: 1-mile Outdoor Classroom trail, 2.5-mile mountain trail, moderate to difficult.
• Beavers Bend State Park, Broken Bow: 1-mile, 4-mile easy to moderate.
• Osage Hills State Park, Pawhuska: 1-mile moderate.
Here are more suggested hikes in Oklahoma State Parks.
– Staff report, The Oklahoma 100