According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nearly 25% of all employed Americans do some or all their work from home.
It has its bonuses: low overhead, no commute, flexible schedule and reduced daycare costs. However, at-home employees can get distracted by household tasks, procrastinate and lack creative collaborations.
Tips for at-home efficiency:
• Develop and follow a timed schedule
• Schedule household tasks on breaks
• Pack a lunch so you don’t overindulge
• Schedule conference calls regularly with co-workers/clients/vendors
• Create a real office space
Follow these directives and you’ll optimize your workload from the comfort of home.