In 1910, the state capitol moved to Oklahoma City after the state seal was supposedly stolen from the original state capital in Guthrie.
In November 1907, the telegram declaring Oklahoma’s statehood was received at this building. The first announcement was made from its windows to crowds below.
However in Guthrie, the State Capital Publishing Co. Building was a printing plant, which later became a printing museum that closed in 2012. The Guthrie Tomorrow Coalition is in the process of raising millions of dollars to take full ownership of the building and plans to eventually re-open it for public use.