Who belongs into the class of Generation Jones? Some substantive characteristics include:
• Born between 1954 and 1965.
• Came of age during the 70s worsening of the economy, very different than Boomer’s and Gen X-er’s.
• Most likely remember your parents’ reaction to the death of President Kennedy, rather than feeling a loss yourself.
• Childhood years inspired by positive social change of the Boomers (landing on the moon), but had to deal with the sobering events of the 70s (Watergate, oil embargo, 13% inflation, 11% unemployment, 14% home mortgage rates, 20% credit card monthly fees, 66 Americans held hostage in Iran for 444 days and 55 MPH speed limit).
– Brenda Jones Barwick, APR, Jones PR