Oklahoma weather is never short on surprises, so as we enter the winter months, here are a few tips to ensure that you are prepared when you hit the road this winter.
• Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
• When roads are wet or icy, following distance between you and other cars should be increased to eight to 10 seconds.
• Maintain a half tank of gas at all times to ensure you always have a source of heat.
• Always check your tire pressure before traveling.
• Remember, bridges are the first to ice over in winter weather.
– Jack Damrill, Director of Communications & Facilities, Oklahoma Turnpike Authority