There are many free things to do this summer in Oklahoma. Check out this roundup of some fun things to do for family outings, date night or pretty much any weekend:
1. The Gathering Place in Tulsa – fun for the whole family.
2. Express Clydesdales ranch in Yukon – see some local giants.
3. Black Mesa Nature Preserve in the Oklahoma Panhandle – hike to the summit of Oklahoma’s highest peak.
4. CPN Balloon Festival in Shawnee on Aug. 9-10 – balloons fill the sky at this annual event.
5. Wheeler District – neighborhood in Oklahoma City that features the iconic OKC letters.