Fireworks are a fun way to celebrate the Fourth of July, but accidents can happen quickly.
Stay safe around fireworks and sparklers with these tips:
– Only purchase legal fireworks. Illegal fireworks account for the majority of injuries.
– Keep a safe distance from structures.
– Keep a bucket of water and a fire extinguisher nearby.
– Supervise older children around fireworks.
– Avoid open-toe shoes and loose-fitting clothes, which can catch embers.
– Designate a sober person to handle fireworks.
– Keep pets locked safely indoors.
Many mistakenly think that sparklers are safer than fireworks, but they burn as hot as 2,000 degrees.