Spring break is approaching, and the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority is offering five travel-safety tips to follow before you hit the road.
1. Ensure that all passengers in the vehicle buckle their seat belts.
2. Don’t text and drive, pay attention and keep both hands on the wheel.
3. Maintain at least a quarter tank of gas to avoid a breakdown.
4. Know your route and allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
5. In case of emergency, keep water on hand while traveling in the heat.
For updates on the latest turnpike travel conditions, visit www.PIKEPASS.com.