The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority wants you to make this a summer of safety when driving on roads, turnpikes and through construction work zones.
When hitting the road, drivers should:
• Buckle up, observe the speed limit and stay alert.
• Be cautious and attentive in work zones.
• Avoid texting while operating your vehicle; it’s illegal.
• Have your vehicle’s tires and systems checked before heading out on long road trips.
• Be careful not to leave children and pets in a hot car.
• Plan trips ahead and allow ample time to reach your destination.
• Charge your cell phone before leaving.
• Keep water on hand.