While getting “dropped” by your homeowners insurance can be confusing and stressful, fear not – options do exist:
1. Understand why, which usually boils down to a change in the condition of your property or claim history.
2. Review your options, from researching online to working with an independent agent to find another carrier.
3. Compare policies to best fit your needs and budget.
4. Consider bundling to save on overall insurance costs which, in the wake of being dropped, will cause your homeowner’s policy to increase.
When in doubt, stay on top of routine maintenance, unnecessary claims and communicating changes.
Read on for more.
– Hannah Van Sickle, The Arizona 100