The holiday season brings an increase in online shopping and in turn, increases cyber crimes and social engineering scams in our community. Frauds and scams happen roughly every 40 seconds in the United States, affecting millions of citizens and creating frustration and hardships.
Rose State College has tips to keep you cyber aware and safe this holiday season:
- Keep track of your credit card statements.
- Avoid clicking email links concerning financials or claims that you won something.
- Use strong passwords and regularly update them.
- Set up two-factor authentication for accounts.
- Be careful of public Wi-Fi, and ensure sites are secured.