Career mentorship is an invaluable experience that can bring you to new professional heights that would be impossible to reach alone. Working with a mentor can also lead to personal growth.
Mentors can offer the following benefits:
• Accountability: Mentors will keep you on track to set and achieve goals.
• Support: You might get knocked down, but your mentor will be there to pick you up.
• Feedback: Mentors see what you need to improve on, even when you can’t.
• Knowledge: Learn from your mentor’s personal experience. They have been where you are.
• Networking: Mentors can introduce you to their professional circles.
– Abby Watkins, The Atlanta 100